I have been asked all the time how do I get over my fatigue when training? How do you have energy? Well ….. I have started using a new supplement called Maca, and I have to say for me it really has improved my energy levels, I don’t feel so fatigued, it helps with my training, gives me a better sense of well being, helps my endurance, I feel I can train harder and makes my mood feel more up beat!
Thats just what I can physically see and I know Maca has excellent benefits to my overall health.
So What Is Maca?
In case you have by no means heard about Maca, you are very likely asking yourself what’s all of the fascination about? What exactly is this powerful origin, where did it originated from, and why would I start using it each and every day? If you are suspicious of the numerous proposed health improvements of maca powder, or know already this highly effective health supplement can substantially change your human body’s wellness, you will definitely like the effects you can have by utilising maca.
Simply speaking, maca is really a root that will grow in the Andes mountains of Peru.This root has been used like a food source for hundreds of years, and many Peruvians use it for its medicinal purposes. The root is packed with nutritionally rich substances which make it an incredible instrument for contributing good balance to your daily diet.
The health benefits of maca powder usually are not exclusively associated with the nutritional requirements in the human body, having said that. Instead, this particular product may be used to heal many different distinct health conditions. Maca makes tuber roots that seem to be comparable to radishes and turnips, in close proximity relative.
Around the nutritionary side, this root is full of minerals and vitamins which are required to the healthiness of your body. Mineral deposits which includes calcium supplement, mineral magnesium, and iron are all located in maca, in combination with C vitamin and nutritional vitamins B1, B2, B6, and B12. Every one of these nutritional value are very important aspects of our body’s functionality.
On top of that, research has revealed that maca has two about three fatty acids. Additionally it is full of fibre content, getting 4 times much more fibres compared to the normal potato. The root also includes 18 healthy proteins.
So How Exactly Does Maca Work?
The strongest health benefits of maca powder are based on the way the root will work in connection with the endocrine system. The endocrine system is really a system of glands that produces human hormones in to the blood stream. This system is in charge of transitioning to different circumstances by releasing the proper quantity of the body’s hormones to regulate our body’s response and reaction.
Maca powder energizes the human body to make hormones, which is probably the many health benefits of maca powder. This stimulation will cause very good human hormones to be released in to the blood stream, which may subsequently help regulate issues within just those hormones.
What Can Maca Do for My Body?
Benefits of Maca
Following are some of the well known benefits of maca. As true with all herbal medecines, many of them are not proved through scientific research, but more by usaage and practical knowledge passed on from generation to generation.
- Treats various diseases: Nutrients especially amino acids present in the root boost the functioning of the immune system and aid in treating diseases such as tuberculosis, anemia, sterility and stomach problems. It is also used in control of hormone related problems such as menstrual disorders, symptoms of menopause and erectile dysfunction in men.
- Promotes functioning of the brain: It improves the functioning of the brain and central nervous system. This in turn helps improve mental clarity and memory power.
- Serves as an adaptogen: Chemicals present in the root aid in coping with environmental stress efficiently. It also boosts the energy levels promoting strength and endurance.
- Prevents cancer: Various chemical components such as alkaloids, tannins and glucosinolates present in the herb aid in preventing cancer. It reduces the risk of prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women by keeping the levels of testosterone and estrogen and their metabolites under control.
- Promotes sexual desire, fertility, semen volume and motility of sperms in men.
- Amino acids and proteins aid in synthesis of hormones and neurotransmitters such as noradrenalin and dopamine. These neurotransmitters in turn play role in arousing sexual desire. Administration of maca orally to male rats exhibited increased sexual activity and also an increase in semen quantity. Even the human studies showed similar results. Enhanced sexual performance in observed in both women and men. Maca is found to show promising results as an aphrodisiac compared to other herbs with similar properties.
- Improves blood glucose tolerance levels: Regular intake of maca improves glucose tolerance in diabetic and pre-diabetic patients. By improving sensitivity to insulin it helps bodybuilders and sportsmen build muscle without accumulating fat. By keeping the insulin levels under control it reduces the risk of chronic conditions such as heart attack, Hypercholesterolemia and liver diseases.
- Treats anxiety and depression: By improving functioning of central nervous system and the brain it develops positive outlook. Thus, it helps in treatment of depression and anxiety.The best part of using maca regularly for few months to treat health problems is the results persist for a long time even after discontinuing use of the herb. You should only take maca occasionally to continue enjoying its benefits forever.
- Supports weight loss regime: Lowered blood glucose levels and raise in glucose tolerance levels keeps hunger under control. This automatically regulates food cravings and hence, lowered food intake and weight loss. It also helps you to lose weight by keeping the levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol under control. Maca improves stamina and endurance giving you the power to practice workouts essential for losing weight. It also supports the weight loss regime by improving the rate of metabolism that burns fat and hence, weight loss.
- Treats arthritis: Studies on human cartilage showed that use of maca improved the nitric oxide levels in the cartilage. This in turn helped improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation. By providing calcium it also helps in bone regeneration and faster recovery
- Energy, vitality and stamina As an adaptogen and nutrient-rich herb Maca can help reduce stress and increases vitality by supporting the adrenal glands, improving immunity and helping support the cardiovascular system. Maca has a high iron content which contributes to healthy circulation of well oxygenated blood around the body. It is also rich in B vitamins and magnesium and also contains iodine. It is also antioxidant rich, protecting cells from free radical damage and protecting the skin from premature ageing.
- Hormone balance Maca’s adaptogenic properties also help stabilise and regulate hormone levels. It’s often recommended to alleviate symptoms of PMS and the menopause. Maca contains high levels of protein (10% of its dry weight) including 7 of the essential amino acids. This may account for its effects. Maca also has a high calcium content to help build healthy bones and teeth, particularly important during the menopause when bone density lessens.
I use maca on my porridge, in a smoothie or protein shake – you can take it as a tablet form but please read the label carefully for the right amount for you, also it does mention do not take it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding!
Maca Smoothie Recipes
Basic Maca Smoothie
1 tablespoon maca powder
1 tablespoon honey
Ice as needed
Blend in your blender until smooth and enjoy!