I love Pizza – I think most people are with me on that! However I wanted to find a way to make it a little healthier and easier to digest, so I started using Tortilla bases – quick and easy way of creating a healthy base for your pizza
I love the thin crust pizzas and wheat tortilla wraps made an ideal “instant” base, turning deliciously crisp in the oven. It is also ideal for smaller children who find the slimmer base easier to eat. Sometimes the air bubbles in the wrap puff up a bit as the pizza bakes, but they deflate as soon as they come out the oven, so don’t panic! You can use shop bought tomato sauce or make my quick and easy version.
Write a review
- Whole Wheat tortilla Wrap 1 oz
- Passata 1 tbsp
- Cheddar or Mozzarlla 1/2 cup
- Pesto 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves 4
- Tomatoes 1/2 cup
- Fresh basil 1tbsp
- Parmesan cheese 3tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400F/Gas 6/Fan 180.
- Put the tortilla wrap on a baking sheet and spread over the passata sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- You can also add any toppings that you like
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp. Cut into triangles and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Blake Beckford http://www.blakebeckford.co.uk/