Delicious recipe, I have added other vegetables to this dish such as Mange-tout and depending how I feel I won't always add noodles etc, you can make this recipe your own I know I do
Write a review
- ¼ onion, grated
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 1cm (½in) piece root ginger, grated
- 1 x 500g pack minced beef steak
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1·2ltr (2pt) hot beef stock
- 200g (7oz) egg noodles
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks (peeled)
- ¼ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- sweet-chilli sauce, to serve
- Put the onion in a large bowl with half the chilli, coriander, ginger, mince and some seasoning.
- Use your hands to bring all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture roughly and using your hands, shape the mixture into meatballs only small ones.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry the meatballs, do this in batches if needed, for about 5-8 minutes until golden all over. Meanwhile, pour the beef stock into a large saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the remaining chilli, the noodles, carrots, broccoli and meatballs to the broth.
- Bring the broth to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes until the noodles and vegetables have softened and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Divide the noodles, vegetables and meatballs between four bowls and ladle over the broth. Scatter over the spring onions and a little coriander to garnish. Serve with sweet chilli sauce on the side, to drizzle over, if you like.
Blake Beckford http://www.blakebeckford.co.uk/